Europe > England > North East England
£25 - £29 per hour
October 2, 2019
November 1, 2019
MASH Team Social Worker Opportunity
Are you looking for a fresh role?
Do you have a passion for supporting families?
Can you intervene and promote positive change?
Look no further, Medicare has the role for you!
Medicare First is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated social worker to work full time working within the MASH Team based in Northumberland. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children’s services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum social worker job is £25-26per hour and is an initial 3-month contract.
About the Role:
- To carry a complex mixed caseload of children in a variety of circumstances. (CIN/CP/LAC)
- To aim to achieve good outcomes for children and their families
- To assess children and their families; to devise plans which address identified needs.
- Assess and manage risk utilising an evidence based approach
- To monitor, review and update plans effectively.
- To use social work tools, practice and research to underpin interventions
- To promote children and young people remaining with their birth families or identified carers, by preventing family breakdown or reuniting child/ren or young people separated from their family due to temporary crisis.
- To work directly with children, young people and their families at the point of crisis, ensuring the welfare of the child is prioritised at all times.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with individual service users, groups, families and multi-agency partners.
- To understand and apply the locally agreed thresholds for intervention, stepping cases ‘up’ and ‘down’ as appropriate
- To case manage and record in accordance with statutory agency requirements.
- To use ICT systems competently and effectively.
- To offer coaching and mentoring to less experienced colleagues as required.
- To model and share good practice within the team
- To participate in identified projects/initiatives/training in line with practice improvement agenda.
- To be proactive, taking responsibility for individual CPD.
- To follow the standards as recommended by the social work regulator in relation to standards, performance and ethics.
- To participate in the office duty system as required
- Other duties appropriate to the nature, level and grade of the post.
To be Considered for the role you must have the following:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children’s services
- 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority child protection teams
Benefits of working with Medicare First:
- Your own personal consultant
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral