Europe > England > East Midlands > Nottinghamshire
£29.93 - £35 per hour
November 10, 2021
December 10, 2021
Are you an experienced Social Worker with at least 2 year post qualification experience looking for a new opportunity in the Nottinghamshire area?
We are currently looking for Qualified Children’s Social Workers for temporary contracts in various locations in Nottinghamshire, working for a local authority Children’s Assessment Team.
As a Social Worker managing a defined case load within the council’s assessment team, you will focus on children in need (CIN) and their families, offering three months’ intervention. You will deal with Section 47 child protection enquiries, and work jointly with the police and other partners in assessing immediate risk for children that come to our attention. Assessment and Intervention (A&I) primarily transfer cases into Family Support and Protection Teams should families require longer-term intervention, or if the children become subject to a child protection plan or come into care of the local authority. If following an assessment and brief intervention the family do not require a social work service, they could be stepped down to the relevant council team.
- Perform all the functions of the post in a manner consistent with current legislation and with current Social Services policies, standards and procedures as endorsed by the Senior Management Team.
- Manage a caseload and associated administrative tasks in an efficient and effective manner and work towards managing a complex case load.
- Undertaking Initial Assessment and Single Assessments
- Act appropriately upon receiving referrals allocated by the team manager
All of our candidates will need:
- Degree in Social Work with 2 years post qualifying experience
- Full Social Work England registration
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Who are Medicare First?
Medicare First are a nationwide social care recruitment provider specialising in finding qualified social work professionals for temporary and permanent work across the UKs local authorities. We work to provide a fair and ethical service to the workers we represent; it is central to our business ethos. The well-being of vulnerable adults and children and younger people can only be properly supported when our teams deliver on their commitment to our worker community.
We are always interested in hearing from CAMHS Practitioners, Independent Reviewing Officers, Senior Social Workers, Service Managers, Team Managers, Adult’s Qualified Social Workers and Children’s Qualified Social Workers.
What Medicare First can offer you:
- Medicare First is a first tier recruitment provider to local authorities so you will have access to opportunities before they reach many other agencies
- Opportunity as a Medicare First worker to access continued lines of work
- Excellent rates of pay (Umbrella companies, Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge, who will manage your registrations through to clearance
- Regular meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- Generous bonuses if you refer a friend for locum or permanent social work opportunities
Interested in applying?
If you are passionate about delivering a high standard of social care and would like to work in a supportive forward-thinking environment, we would like to hear from you! Apply online with your CV today or give Taylor a call on 07936345521.
Not the role for you? Give us a call to discuss our other roles in the area, or to refer a friend you think may be interested.
Medicare First is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms and conditions apply.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Medicare First operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.