Europe > England > West Midlands
£29.93 - £32.34 per hour
November 10, 2021
December 10, 2021
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and dedicated social worker to work full time within a budding MASH team based in the West Midlands. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in the children’s services to be able to thrive within this authority.
The role is based in the West Midlands on the outskirts of Birmingham. This position would initially be a 3 month contract with the potential of extension, typically working Monday-Friday, 27 hours per week.
To apply for this role you will need:
- 2 years experience within MASH or Initial response
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Extensive experience of section 47 investigations.
- Risk management.
- Screening referrals.
- Able to work autonomously
- Investigating any concerns of neglect through section 47 investigations.
- Clear understanding of the principle and function of a Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub.
- Evidence of ability to use analytical skills to determine positive outcomes for children and young people within tight timescales.
- Previous experience of working with partner agencies to gather information essential
All of our candidates will need:
- Degree in Social Work with 2 years post qualifying experience
- Full Social Work England registration
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Who are Medicare First?
Medicare First are a nationwide social care recruitment provider specialising in finding qualified social work professionals for temporary and permanent work across the UKs local authorities. We work to provide a fair and ethical service to the workers we represent; it is central to our business ethos. The well-being of vulnerable adults and children and younger people can only be properly supported when our teams deliver on their commitment to our worker community.
We are always interested in hearing from CAMHS Practitioners, Independent Reviewing Officers, Senior Social Workers, Service Managers, Team Managers, Adult’s Qualified Social Workers and Children’s Qualified Social Workers.
What Medicare First can offer you:
- Medicare First is a first tier recruitment provider to local authorities so you will have access to opportunities before they reach many other agencies
- Opportunity as a Medicare First worker to access continued lines of work
- Excellent rates of pay (Umbrella companies, Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge, who will manage your registrations through to clearance
- Regular meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- Generous bonuses if you refer a friend for locum or permanent social work opportunities
Interested in applying?
If you are passionate about delivering a high standard of social care and would like to work in a supportive forward-thinking environment, we would like to hear from you! Apply online with your CV today or give Taylor a call on 07936345521.
Not the role for you? Give us a call to discuss our other roles in the area, or to refer a friend you think may be interested.
Medicare First is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms and conditions apply.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Medicare First operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.