Europe > England > West Midlands
£30000 - £40000 per annum
November 10, 2021
December 10, 2021
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting for Social Workers in Care Management and are looking for exceptional candidates who are passionate, committed and dedicated to improving the lives of children & young people.
Salary £30,451 – £40,876 dependent on experience plus the possibility of up to £6,500 relocation payment, plus a market supplement of £2,500 *
We are also interested in hearing from social workers looking for temporary opportunities.
At just 18 months old our fabulous teams have won awards for Community Cohesion (The Teamwork Programme) and Youth Justice of the Year Award at the UK wide 2019 Shine a Light Awards (Sandwell Youth Offending Service). Our Staff Award events highlight the amazing work delivered by our dedicated individuals and teams and gives us a chance to show our appreciation to all who are on the journey with us.
The Trust has recently secured funding from the Department of Education which will enable us to bring our ‘12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’ to life, particularly around learning & development in offering development opportunities for all staff.
There are many reasons to become part of the Sandwell Children’s Trust team.
Our recent Ofsted visit reported that …..
- Sandwell Children’s Trust knows itself well.
- It has a robust performance framework which can provide it with accurate information about the quality of practice and the improvements to practice and outcomes for children still required.
- Senior staff understand that considerable improvements still need to be made.
- Progress has been made in ensuring that the first response to families and children in need is timely and, in most cases, recognises risk and the scale of intervention required.
- The workforce is increasingly stable and there have been further reductions in the use of agency staff, with some electing to work permanently for Sandwell.
At the heart of England with excellent transport links, Sandwell offers a wealth of amenities to enhance your work life balance. With house prices lower than the national average and an ever-developing infrastructure, living in Sandwell is an attractive prospect for many.
Not only this but with an abundance of history, culture, arts, shopping and sporting venues to enjoy PLUS the development of venues for the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022, Sandwell really is an exciting place to be right now.
As a Social Worker working in the Trust you will:-
- Be responsible for a complex caseload of children and young people, conducting a range of assessments whilst listening to the views of the people you’re supporting.
- Whilst using best practice and ensuring all legislative requirements are met, you will deliver high quality children’s plans in a proactive and timely manner, with a strong emphasis on the child’s voice.
- Empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views.
- Provide written reports, in a variety of different formats as required by the receiver of the court.
- You must be Social Work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
- Experience of Court Work
- A sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
- Ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
- Good knowledge of child development
- A clear decision maker and good team worker.
Interested in applying?
If you are passionate about delivering a high standard of social care and would like to work in a supportive forward-thinking environment, we would like to hear from you! Apply online with your CV today or give Taylor a call on 07936345521.
Not the role for you? Give us a call to discuss our other roles in the area, or to refer a friend you think may be interested.
Medicare First is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms and conditions apply.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Medicare First operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.