Europe > England > London
£55000 - £62000 per annum
12 Apr 2019
12 May 2019
A well established group of private hospitals, offering the full breadth of adult and maternity services, delivered by leading, cardiac, general, gynecological and oncological surgeons, consultant obstetricians and an expert team of nurses, midwives and allied healthcare professional is seeking a permanent Quality Matron to join their teams in their London Clinic and Hospital.
The Clinic specialises in cardiac, oncology and neurosciences and undertakes some of the most complex surgery within the private sector.
The Hospital specialises in maternity services, gynecological surgery and a wide range of general and specialist care to children, including a paediatric urgent care.
- To provide assurance around compliance with regulatory and internal standards of care.
- To be accountable for quality aspects of the CQC domains: responsive, well led, caring and safe.
- Ensure effective departmental processes are in place to enhance the patient experience of care delivery and support the multidisciplinary teams in providing high quality care.
- To provide visible leadership, guidance and support to ward teams in the implementation of clinical standards quality initiatives in line with the hospital’s risk management framework.
- Provide support and work with ward teams to deliver departmental and organisational quality improvement projects.
- To maintain a high profile within both hospitals and be available to patients and their/carers thereby promoting confidence in our services.
- To maintain standards for clinical practice and ensure teams have the skills to deliver the needs of the nursing service in a safe, efficient and effective way.
- To promote and enhance patient focused care by assessing areas of risk in relation to patient safety and implementing initiatives to improve patient experience.
- Work in a collaborative approach with the MDT in the interests of developing and promoting high quality of patient care.
- To act as liaison and resource between the Learning Academy and clinical services.
- To collate and provide monthly reports to relevant committees.
- To work with the Deputy CNO – Adult Services, Head of Adult Clinical Services, Women’s & Neonatal Services Manager, nursing teams and other members of the multi professional team to ensure that quality management is embedded into the Adults Services culture across all departments
- To promote clinical governance and service improvements following the analysis of complaints, adverse events and other drivers for change
- Encourage the involvement of all staff in quality issues through open and direct communication with the teams
- To work as part of the multidisciplinary team fostering a positive approach to quality improvement and supporting staff in the development of these skills
- To ensure that Safeguarding is integrated into practice, and ensure that Adult protection issues are managed effectively supporting clinical teams as required.
- To provide leadership and support to the nursing teams and to act as a role model
- Participate as a member of the senior nursing team across both facilities.
- To act as resuscitation lead for THSC and TPH. As single point of contact for paediatric and adult resuscitation, coordinate all resuscitation activities across the two hospitals. Maintain good links with all local/departmental resuscitation leads.
- To ensure that the NMC Code is adhered to by the nursing teams.
- Promote a culture of positivity, striving for excellence and collaborative team working.
- To share best practice and drive improvement in patient care.
- To ensure nursing teams adhere to all HCA policies and procedures.
- To support the nursing teams in delivery of the quality improvement agenda and take a leading role in planning for future services.
- Provide line management to specified members of the team.
- Participate in and lead on the co-ordination of an in service training programme which encompasses, resuscitation, manual handling, infection control etc.
- To participate in and lead on relevant corporately led programmes of work
Apply within remembering to attach your CV or contact Chris Bonner for more info;
chris.bonner@Medicarefirst.co.uk / 0161 509 7522