Senior Social Worker
Europe > England > West Midlands > West Midlands > Birmingham
£27.53 - £29.93 per hour
17 Apr 2019
17 May 2019
Senior Social Worker – Children in Care Team
Looking for an amazing new opportunity in Children’s Services?
Eager to start somewhere new and exciting?
Need a change in scenery?
Then look no further!
My client is currently looking for an experienced Senior Social Worker to join their thriving Children in Care team within Birmingham’s Children’s Trust. As a qualified social worker, you will be working at the forefront of best practice to deliver first class support to vulnerable children and their families. This will include managing a complex and diverse caseload. You must have excellent verbal and written skills, as you will need to prepare and deliver reports to conferences and court hearings. You will need a substantial knowledge of childcare legislations and experience in conducting assessments, as well as presenting care plans to conferences and reviews.
You must be passionate about working with families to achieve the best possible outcome and will be a competent and proactive team player to support the smooth running and working of the service.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a Children & Families caseload to include complex and diverse cases, involving assessments, reviews and the preparation of welfare reports and court attendance, to effectively meet the needs of the client group, in line with the competency standards set out in the Competency Framework. The caseload will be managed within the relevant framework of supervision dependent on the complexity of the case and post qualification experience of the post holder, but all cases will involve difficult and distressing situations.
- Contribute to and review the development of ongoing initiatives to achieve a more effective use of resources within Children & Families Services.
- Initiate and develop close working partnerships with statutory agencies, voluntary and private sector agencies, carers and those with parental responsibility in order to facilitate effective service delivery.
- Inform advise, counsel and support clients and carers, individually and in group settings, to relieve stress and modify attitudes of behaviour to meet the needs of the client.
- Ensure that information systems, e.g. CAFIS, and client records are effectively maintained to provide up-to-date and accurate information, upon which decisions affecting service delivery can be made.
- Maintain a personal awareness of legislation, departmental and corporate policies and procedures, particularly those relating to Looked After Children, Children in Need and Child Protection, acting in line with these to ensure consistency and a high quality of service delivery across the Directorate.
- Recruit, train, assess and support adoptive parents and foster carers to ensure that there is a suitable range of placements to meet the needs of children within the District and across the County and to facilitate the adoption and fostering process.
- Attend training courses and other development opportunities as agreed with line manager to ensure compliance with GSCC requirements.
Birmingham Children’s Trust
Up to £29.93 PH LTD
Monday – Friday = 37 hours a week
Initial 3-month contract
In order to apply, you must be HCPC registered and eligible to work in the UK. You must also be a full UK licence holder and have a degree in Social Work.
So why Medicare First?
With Medicare First, we can offer you a range of incredible incentives, including:
- A free DBS
- A fast and competent compliance service
- Your own dedicated consultant, who has an extensive knowledge of Social Work
- Regular meetings and visits with your consultant
- A “Find Your Own Job” Bonus of £200 if you bring your own position to us!
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available via other agencies
If this role sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then please apply today!
Alternatively, if you wish for more information on the role, or if you want to know more about what we, Medicare First, have to offer, then please call me on 0121 688 8220 – I’d love to hear from you!