Qualified Social Worker
Europe > England > East Midlands > Leicestershire
£13.63 - £15.31 per hour
16 Apr 2019
16 May 2019
Children’s Social Worker – Locality Team
Looking for a new, exciting opportunity in Children’s Services?
Need a change in scenery?
Then look no further!
My client is currently looking for an experienced qualified social worker to join a thriving locality team within Leicestershire County Council; focusing primarily on Children in Need, Child Protection and Looked After Children cases.
As a qualified social worker, you will be working at the forefront of best practice to deliver first class support to vulnerable children and families. This will include managing a complex and diverse caseload. You must have excellent written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver reports to conferences and court hearings. You will need substantial knowledge of childcare legislation and experience of conducting assessments as well as presenting care plans to conferences and reviews. You must be passionate about working with families to achieve the best outcome and will be a competent and proactive team player to support the smooth running and working of the service.
You need to have:
- At least two years post qualifying experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience of Safeguarding and Care Proceedings is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate assessment tools and research
- Experience in Child Protection, Care Planning and Court Work
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment
In order to apply, you must be HCPC registered and eligible to work in the UK. You must also be a full UK licence holder and have a degree in Social Work.
Why Medicare First?
With Medicare First, we can offer you a range of incredible incentives, including:
- A free DBS
- A fast compliance service
- Your own dedicated consultant who has extensive knowledge in Social Work
- Regular meetings and visits with your consultant
- A “Find Your Own Job” bonus of £200 if you bring your position to us!
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available via other agencies
Based in Leicestershire County Council
Monday – Friday = 37 hours per week
Initial three-month contract
If this role sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then please apply today!
Alternatively, if you wish for more information on the role, or just want to know more about what Medicare First have to offer, please call me on 0121 688 8220 – I’d love to hear from you!