Europe > England > London
£31972 - £35169 per annum
CB OSN 1
18 Apr 2019
18 May 2019
Staff Nurse – Oncology – £31972 – £35169 (dependent upon skills and experience).
This is a full time post working 37.5hrs per week. Shift patterns will be 8am – 8 pm cover (shifts either 7.5, 9.5 or 11.5 hours) Monday – Friday, working Full Time 37.5 hrs a week.
A specialist cancer treatment centre set up by four leading consultants in 2005 is seeking an Oncology Staff Nurse to join their Central London based team of over 80 consultants who are experienced in diagnosing and treating all forms of cancer, using the latest medical developments to provide advanced treatment options.
There are four day-care facilities across London including Chelsea and St Johns Wood. All staff are given the opportunity to rotate across the sites. There is a very collaborative approach to working and strong team support and commitment
As a Staff Nurse, you will be responsible for ensuring that patients and visitors receive the level of service that conforms to our vision, aspiration and values. You will provide specialist nursing advice to support and facilitate high quality individualised care to patients/clients and relatives/carers, without supervision, in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team. You will be a passionate Cancer Care Nurse working towards delivering the best care within the NMC guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop and maintain clinical competency in cannulation, care of CVADs and administration techniques
· Assess the educational and informational needs of the patient and family. This includes producing and using appropriate materials to ensure optimum
· Understanding of nursing care and the likely outcome
· Liaise and work closely with relevant Clinical Nurse Specialists / Clinic, Doctor /Clinical Team / Consultants / Primary Care Teams in the provision of a professional critical care / cancer nursing service, and use skills identified for the post to provide a specialist input to the care that is planned for and delivered to individual patients
Skills & Experience
· Skilled in Phlebotomy / Cannulation / Care of CVADs/ IV administration
· Sound oncology patient assessment skills
· IV Drug Administration
· Ability to delegate and prioritise.
· Effective preceptorship / mentorship skills
· Ability to motivate and contribute to team working
· Good written and spoken English language skills
· Basic cardiac life support
· Advanced life support
Apply within remembering to attach your CV or contact Chris Bonner for more info;
chris.bonner@Medicarefirst.co.uk / 0161 509 7522