Europe > England > East of England > Norfolk
£275 - £276 per week
October 9, 2019
November 8, 2019
Are you looking for a fresh role? Look no further, Medicare has the role for you!
Medicare First is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Consultant Social Worker to work full time working within the MASH Team in Norfolk . The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children’s services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum social worker job is £275 per day and is an initial 3 month contract.
About the Role:
The Children’s Advice and Duty Service is co-located with Police and safeguarding colleagues from health. Together they will discuss and decide the level of response required for safeguarding concerns.
You will be required to be flexible to meet the challenging and demanding needs of the service and therefore there will be some working ‘unsocial hours’.
- To ensure timely and safe decision making for children.
- To ensure that children get the right support from the service most likely to be able to meet their needs.
- To support others, both internal and external to the department, to improve their practice.
- To ensure all partner agencies consider consent (unless to do so, compromises the child’s safety) and take a holistic look at the family issues/needs.
- Consistent information sharing and decision making
- Every contact will have an outcome
- Reduction in the number of social work assessments which are inappropriately directed to Social Care teams, including the removal of duplicate information.
- Improve working relationships between agency partners within and external to any Children’s Advice and Duty Service model.
- Preventing unnecessary accommodation of children.
Requirements of the social worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children’s services
- 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority adults services
Benefits of working with Medicare First:
- Your own personal consultant
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- An excellent referral scheme of £250* for each successfully placed referral
Medicare First is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms and conditions apply.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Medicare First operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.