Europe > England > Yorkshire and the Humber > North Yorkshire
£27 - £28 per hour
April 2, 2020
May 2, 2020
Are you looking for a fresh role? Do you have a passion for supporting Looked After Children?
Fancy working with young people aged 14-18? Look no further, Medicare has the role for you!
Medicare First is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Practitioner to work full time working within a Permanence Children team based in Redcar & Cleveland. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children’s services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum social worker job is £28-29 per hour and is an initial 3 month contract.
About the Role:
- The role will involve work with Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children to provide them with a range of services to support to integrate into the community.
- You will be enthusiastic and flexible and have an interest in working with this unique group. You will need to have good verbal and written skills and produce detailed and accurate assessments.
- You will be resourceful and confident and will be required to work with specialist services such as interpreters, border control and immigration.
If you are an experienced social worker and feel that you have the skills, then we would like to hear from you.
In return you will be part of a supportive team and receive excellent support and supervision. We offer a supportive team environment. We are committed to continuous professional development and offer regular supervision and annual appraisal
Requirements of the social worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children’s services
- 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority child protection teams
Benefits of working with Medicare First:
- Your own personal consultant
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- An excellent referral scheme of £250* for each successfully placed referral
Medicare First is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms and conditions apply.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Medicare First operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.