Europe > England > North East England > County Durham
£25 - £26 per hour
February 10, 2021
March 12, 2021
Are you looking for a fresh role? Do you have a passion for intervening with families at the first contact?
Can you provide a family centred approach? Look no further, Medicare has the role for you!
Medicare First is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated social worker to work full time working within an Assessment team based in Stockton. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children’s services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum social worker job is £25-26 per hour and is an initial 3-month contract.
About the Role:
- This is a busy team, responsible for assessing all new referrals received into the Department ranging from Child in Need to complex Safeguarding issues.
- Due to the high volume of work being received it has been agreed for additional Agency Social Workers to join the team for a nine month period to assist with cases.
- Candidates should have experience of completing Single Assessments within an appropriate timescale, S47 enquires, experience of Safeguarding, attendance at ICPC and an understanding of the Public Law Outline procedure.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years Child Protection experience
- In return, we are able to offer flexible working, incorporating consolidated working (e.g. working 9 out of 10 days (74 hours), a designated working area, free access to our in-house training facilities (whilst unpaid, flexibility will be given for candidates to accrue working time utilised to attend any such course)
- free on-site office car parking, opportunities for home working in line with service need, paid mileage at 46.9p per mile.
- Additionally, we have a caseload management point system to indicate individual staff and team workloads.
- In return we offer a supportive team environment: we are committed to continuous professional development and offer regular supervision and annual appraisal
Requirements of the social worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children’s services
- 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority child protection teams
Benefits of working with Medicare First:
- Your own personal consultant
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- An excellent referral scheme of £250* for each successfully placed referral
- If this sound like a role for you then please Apply today
Medicare First is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms and conditions apply.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Medicare First operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.