Europe > England > London
£45754 - £52000 per annum
CB CNS GO 1
17 Apr 2019
17 May 2019
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Gynae Oncology – £45,754 – £52,000 (dependent upon skills and experience).
A well-established private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care are seeking a Clinical Nurse Specialist to join their team at the their Central London Facilities.
As the Gynae Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will lead the service in a number of facilities in the W1 area to provide specialist nursing advice and act as a clinical expert to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients with related diseases.
You will be supporting Gynae oncology patients through diagnosis, surgery, radiotherapy and systemic treatments.
Working within the cancer services will keep you challenged and will give you the opportunity to further develop existing skills within a cancer centre of excellence. Our cancer network spans across the renowned hospitals. For this role, you will be based mainly in facilities within the W1 area as depicts the patient management continuum, from diagnosis through all forms of treatment and survivorship
Reward & recognition – “We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, generous annual leave with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions”.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently carry an ongoing caseload of patients, acting as key worker and working with the interdisciplinary team to facilitate care for patients requiring neuro and skin oncology care.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate programmes of care, providing specialist advice through holistic needs which will improve the quality of care and meet the needs of patients with gynaecology malignancies.
- Enable people to access, identify, appraise and interpret complex technical information, to enable people to determine their own future
- Provide expert clinical expertise, specialist advice and support across service boundaries.
- Promote and use clinical expertise, clinical acumen, creative reasoning and experience to advance care.
- Liaise closely with the MDT coordinator to support the collection of clinically sound, robust cancer data by the MDT as mandated by local and national policy.
- Influence strategic developments in pursuit of advancement of quality patient care and the patient’s experience.
- Involve patients and carers/relatives in the planning and delivery of care and development of services to enhance the patient/carer experience.
- Work as the ‘team leader’, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues to promote a cohesive team.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 3 years + with gynaecology experience.
- NMC Registration
- Post Registration Qualification relevant to the role
- Experience of working within the Clinical Nurse Specialist role or similar senior level
- Knowledge of relevant national cancer policies and procedures
- Strong oncology background
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Leadership experience
Apply within remembering to attach your CV or contact Chris Bonner for more info;
chris.bonner@Medicarefirst.co.uk / 0161 509 7522