Qualified Social Worker
Europe > England > North West England > Greater Manchester
£21.42 - £26.88 per hour
14 May 2019
13 Jun 2019
Children’s Social Worker in Greater Manchester
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Children’s Social Worker
Manchester City Council have released a number of positions within their Children’s Social Work services.
You will manage safeguarding risk effectively including child protection, working within a multi-agency environment, providing a professional social work service.
You’ll also supervise and develop students and trainees and contribute to the development of other staff including other social workers.
The pay rate for these locum social worker jobs vary between £21.42 to £26.88 per hour and is an initial 3-month contract. There is the flexibility to work from home is needed on occasions. Candidates must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Effectively manage a caseload of a high level of complexity with appropriate supervision, guidance and support. The role holder will be accountable for highly complex decision making across a range of social work duties and responsibilities.
- Prepare and produce a variety of high quality and professional written documentation on behalf of the City Council in accordance with national and local policies and procedures and within agreed timescales.
- Work in conjunction with and providing consultation to partner agencies to deliver effective planning for children and their families to ensure positive outcomes for children in Manchester. This will include representing the City Council at a range of meetings, proceedings and reviews as required.
- Ensure that the practice of ethical record keeping is observed, and recording is evidence based, accurate and up to date.
- Take an active role in team and service development. This will include supervising new staff and students and leading in the development of policies, procedures and training activities.
- Personal commitment to continuous self-development and service improvement.
Requirements of the social worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within child services
- 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority child protection teams
Benefits of working with Medicare First:
- Your own personal consultant
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
If this sound like a role for you then please Apply today, alternatively for more information call 0161 509 7517 or email Joshua.Hughes@MedicareFirst.co.uk
“It is the policy of the company that no person acting on our behalf shall discriminate in any situation against another individual or group, directly or indirectly, because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, sex and sexual orientation. Each individual is assessed on merit alone.”