Europe > England > Yorkshire and the Humber > North Yorkshire
£28.00 - £29.00 per hour
April 2, 2020
May 2, 2020
Are you looking for a fresh role? Do you have a passion for child protection?
Do you strive for better outcomes for children and families? Look no further, Medicare has the role for you!
Medicare First is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated social worker to work full time, working within the Child Protection Team in Redcar. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children’s services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum social worker job is £28-29 per hour and is an initial 3-month contract.
About the Role
- This role provides an opportunity to be part of the delivery of a high quality service, improving the lives of children, young people and their families in Redcar and Cleveland and placing children and young people at the heart of everything we do. As a qualified social worker, you will be responsible for providing a direct social work safeguarding and support service within our Children and Families Service.
- With a focus on restorative social work practice, we provide our social workers with excellent management support and supervision to encourage best practice and innovation to flourish. We are committed to giving social workers the time to work directly and in partnership with families to achieve positive change for children.
- We care about our staff, recognise the importance of training and development and support our social workers to reach their full potential. We have a clear Workforce Development Strategy, with opportunities for professional development and career progression along with the opportunity to discuss further training opportunities and Flexible working.
The successful candidate will have:
- A formal qualification in social work
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Experience of working within a children and families social work setting
- The ability to produce good quality assessments and robust plans
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children’s services
- 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority child protection teams
Benefits of working with Medicare First:
- Your own personal consultant
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
Medicare First is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms and conditions apply.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Medicare First operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.