Europe > England > South East England > Oxfordshire
£29.00 - £33.00 per hour
October 3, 2020
November 2, 2020
Medicare First are looking for family court advisors for nationwide locum/contract opportunities.
To provide advanced social work-level services to children, families and courts by assessing and analysing court applications for any child protection and serious welfare issues affecting a child or young person. Also to influence those with parental responsibility to be more child-focused when needed and to advise the courts about how a child’s life can be improved, supporting judicial case management in the process.
To achieve this you will need to keep the child at the centre of your work through high quality direct work with children and their families. You will also need to be a skilled negotiator, working persuasively with family members and professionals on behalf of children. You will need to keep the child’s timescale in the context of the child’s journey through childhood and, where applicable, the care system, at the centre of everything you do and you must be prepared to advocate in the best interests of the child, ensuring their voice is not lost in the court arena. You will be required to be a resilient, reflective and accountable practitioner, possessing good IT and organisational skills, so that you can maintain a high throughput of outstanding casework.
Skills to be demonstrated:
- A high standard of assessment and case analysis
- Ability to produce written work to a high standard
- Communicates effectively and demonstrates empathy with children & families within the family justice system
- Effective communication and joint working with a range of professionals and agencies.
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise
- Confident decision making to work in high conflict situations
- Ability to achieve safe outcomes in areas of conflict
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Qualified Social worker – Masters Degree in social work
Why Medicare First?
- Free DBS and fast compliance service
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Regular meetings/ visits with your consultant
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
Monday – Friday working hours = 37 hours per week
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply today, alternatively for more information please call Taylor on: 0121 688 82 20 or 07936345521.
If this job isn’t for you, but you know someone who maybe interested, refer your friend and if successful we can offer you a “Refer a friend bonus” of £250*.
Medicare First is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms and conditions apply.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Medicare First operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.