Europe > England > London
£41246 - £50425 per annum
CB ROR 3232
15 May 2019
14 Jun 2019
Breast Care Nurse Specialist
This is a full time post working 37.5hrs per week.
The Breast Care Nurse will work in a clinical and service development capacity to ensure the service to breast patients is planned, delivered and evaluated in line with current evidence. They will closely work with the multi-disciplinary team to help create and maintain a robust service whilst seamlessly incorporating other centre services such as diagnostic, chemotherapy and radiotherapy. They will also provide overall clinical leadership for the breast care service for Clinic patients, including the provision of psychological support, information and advice to patients diagnosed with breast cancer.
Professional / Clinical:
- To be a clinical expert in the field of breast disease and have the skills necessary to lead in practice development and innovation, with specific regard to the development of autonomous nursing practice and nurse led services.
- Work collaboratively and autonomously with authority, using expert knowledge and skills to design and deliver services across organisational, professional and geographical boundaries.
- Lead the development of nursing practice, working in collaboration with all members of the multidisciplinary breast team and be the key link between other interfacing specialities.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge in the principles of breast disease, predominately cancer, ensuring optimal standards of patient care.
- Undertake a key role in enabling the Clinic to meet both its strategic and national targets, and will be responsible for policy developments and implementation.
- Substantive direct patient care, role modelling, mentorship, supervision and education and facilitation of others to equip nurses for role expansion.
- Monitor patients on an ongoing basis, to evaluate outcomes and adjust nursing care practice to ensure optimum co-ordination and delivery of care.
- Provide pre and post-operative counselling, fitting of prosthesis both temporary and permanent when requir
- Ensure that all patients are provided with necessary information to assist them in decision making, e.g. breast reconstructi
- Work in collaboration with the Surgical, Medical and Radiation Oncology Teams to develop care pathways, implement best practice guidelines and standards of car
- Maintain accurate and concise documentation in relation to clinical activities.
- Work collaboratively with other professionals and agencies both within and out of the hospital setting to ensure patient needs are met, especially in relation to ongoing care needs and discharge arrangements.
- To offer patients a Holistic Needs Assessment at relevant points in their pathway. To provide a care plan and if identified referral to Level 3 or Level 4 psychological care providers.
- 5 years relevant post registration experience
- 3 years in Oncology
- Surgical experience
- Significant clinical experience in breast care
- Experience in symptom management
- Counseling experience
- Must demonstrate leadership in the field of breast care
- Evidence of teaching and presentation
Apply within remembering to attach your CV or contact Chris Bonner for more info;
chris.bonner@Medicarefirst.co.uk / 0161 509 7522